Whom do you most admire? What do they have that you don’t? How did they get it? What steps did they take? Can you contact them? (You’d be surprised at how accessible many people are, and how receptive they can be). What would you ask them if you could?
If you can’t reach them, you can still pattern yourself after them. I have done this my entire career. Have always been a big biography junkie. Love to read how people got where they are.
Learning from other’s success helps you formulate a path and plan to follow. Success does leave clues. Read biographies as if they were the Bible. Highlight passages that inspire you. If they can do it, so can you. These are ordinary people who have done extraordinary things.
One warning: Don’t lose your uniqueness and don’t compare yourself to your heroes. Don’t get down on yourself because you didn’t make it the same month and year they did. Your success is your own, with your own script, timing and ending. You may discover that you don’t want what your mentor achieved after all. That might even be the most valuable lesson you learn from them.
Pick mentors. Creat your own team of advisors, your own board of directors that you can turn to for advice, guidance and support. The first thing you need to do is admit you need help. The second thing you need to do is ask for help.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Hero’s Journey in Paris: Create Your Own Legend.
Create Your Own Legend Outline
- What’s Right About Being Right-Brained?
- You Are the Storyteller of Your Own Life
- What is Your Quest?
- It’s Not Just a Job, It is a Hero’s Journey
- Selling Your Story
- Self Made
- Your Travel Companions
- Be Your Own Boss
- Right Brainers in Business
- The Lean Years
- Business Plans
- Help! I Need Somebody
- The Cheering Section
- Networking is a Two Way Street
- Mentors: Been There, Done That
- Role Models
- Tell Your Story
- The Seven (Bad) Stories of Highly Ineffective Heroes
- The Power of Your Story
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences
IS THE HERO’S JOURNEY FOR YOU?
- You are a creative professional who is interested in developing yourself and your creative business.
- You are aware that there are no quick fixes. Learning is a journey that works when you are fully committed to it. A guide like Peter de Kuster can bring awareness and help you navigate, but in the end it’s you who is in charge of your growth.
- You want to learn more about how to tell yourself a more powerful story, learn about blind spots, and get feedback.
- You are curious and want to engage in an interactive learning journey with Peter de Kuster.
- You are motivated to work in-between journeys on yourself (e.g. working on questions that will help you develop new storytelling, mindsets, skills, and behaviors).
WHAT’S YOUR QUEST-ION?
The Hero’s Journey is all about your development. To make the most out of your journey with Peter, we ask you to prepare topics to work on with him. These topics can serve as a starting point for further in-depth exploration.
One Hour Virtual Coaching for Euro 150 (excluding VAT)
One Day Journey for EUR 1,200 (excl. VAT)
Two Day Journey for EUR 2,150 (excl. VAT)
Three Day Journey for EUR 2,950 (excl. VAT)
BOOK THE HERO’S JOURNEY
Who can sign up for The Hero’s Journey?
Creative professionals who wish to improve their storytelling, mindset(s) and develop their leadership skills.
What language do we speak in the journey?
Can I bring my own topics?
Yes, you get to choose your own topic.
Are journeys confidential?
Yes. Peter will not share anything that is discussed in the journey.
Where will the journeys take place?
Sessions will take place travelling with Peter a world city like Paris, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Antwerp, Venice, New York, Berlin, Madrid.
How do I sign up?
Send Peter an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I pay?
After you booked The Hero’s Journey by sending an email to Peter you will receive an email with info how to pay.
How do I book and reschedule a journey?
Once we’ve received your payment, our Program Coordinator will book your journey. She will also support you with rescheduling journeys if needed.
What is your cancellation policy?
Individual journeys can be postponed up to one week before the journey.