A depressed man joins a synchronized swimming team made up of middle aged men.
It is in the corridors of their municipal swimming pool that Bertrand, Marcus, Simon, Laurent, Thierry and the others train under the relative authority of Delphine, former glory of the basins. Together, they feel free and helpful. They will put all their energy into their quest – a discipline previously owned by women: synchronized swimming. So, yes it’s a weird idea, but this challenge will allow them to find meaning in their lives…
The Hero’s Journey is a private tour in story rich venues of a world city with Peter de Kuster, to rewrite the story you tell yourself and your creative work and in the process transform your creative life and business.
What is your Story?
“Your story is your life,” says Peter. As human beings, we continually tell ourselves stories — of success or failure; of power or victimhood; stories that endure for an hour, or a day, or an entire lifetime. We have stories about ourselves, our creative business, our customers ; about what we want and what we’re capable of achieving. Yet, while our stories profoundly affect how others see us and we see ourselves, too few of us even recognize that we’re telling stories, or what they are, or that we can change them — and, in turn, transform our very destinies.
Telling ourselves stories provides structure and direction as we navigate life’s challenges and opportunities, and helps us interpret our goals and skills. Stories make sense of chaos; they organize our many divergent experiences into a coherent thread; they shape our entire reality. And far too many of our stories, says Peter, are dysfunctional, in need of serious editing. First, he asks you to answer the question, “In which areas of my life is it clear that I cannot achieve my goals with the story I’ve got?” He then shows you how to create new, reality-based stories that inspire you to action, and take you where you want to go both in your work and personal life.
Our capacity to tell stories is one of our profoundest gifts. Peter’s approach to creating deeply engaging stories will give you the tools to wield the power of storytelling and forever change your business and personal life.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Hero’s Journey.
- The Power of your Story
- Are you even trying to tell a Story?
- Old Stories (stories about you, your art, your clients, your money, your self promotion, your happiness, your health)
- Tell your current Story
- Is this Really Your Story?
YOUR NEW STORY
- The Premise of your Story. The Purpose of your Life and Art
- The words on your tombstone
- You ultimate mission, out loud
- The Seven Great Plots
- The Twelve Archetypal Heroes
- The One Great Story
- Purpose is Never Forgettable
- Questioning the Premise
- Lining up
- Flawed Alignment, Tragic Ending
- The Three Rules in Storytelling
- Write Your New Story
TURNING STORY INTO ACTION
- Turning your story into action
- Story Ritualizing
- The Storyteller and the art of story
- The Power of Your Story
- Storyboarding your creative process
- They Created and Lived Happily Ever After.
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lifes and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.
Become a great Storyteller
That’s why I set up The Hero’s Journey in the great cities of the world. A new way to use the power of your story. To guide you to life-changing, eye-opening movies, art, literature that truly have the power to enchant, enrich and inspire.
In this journey with Peter de Kuster you’ll explore your relationship with stories so far and your unique story identity will be sketched. You will be guided to movies, art, literature, myths that can put their finger on what you want to rewrite in your story, the feelings that you may often have had but perhaps never understood so clearly before; movies that open new perspectives and re-enchant the world for you.
You will be asked to complete a questionnaire in advance of your session and you’ll be given an instant story advice and movies to see to take away. Your full story advice and movies to see list will follow within a couple of days.
Book your private story coaching tour
You can choose from three options:
- The Hero’s Journey Short and Powerful. This is a private story coaching, one day, one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is Euro 995 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring your (business) partner to the private tour if you choose to.
- The Hero’s Journey Intensive. This is a private story coaching, three days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is 2850 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring our (business) partner to the private tour if you choose to.
- The Hero’s Journey Impact. This is a private story coaching, five days one – on – one with Peter de Kuster. The price is 4750 excluding VAT including lunch and drinks. You can bring our (business) partner to the private tour if you choose to.
Please note the private tours Short and Powerful and the private tours Intensive can only take place in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, London, Malaga, Madrid, Milan, München, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla and Venice at the moment.
The private tours Impact are offered in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin, Barcelona, Cannes, Florence, London, Los Angeles, Malaga, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, München, New York, Paris, Rome, Rotterdam, Sevilla, Sydney and Venice
You can book Peter by mailing him at email@example.com
- Once you have purchased a private tour you will be given information to get in touch and arrange a date and time for your private tour.
- Private tours will take place at any given day of the week. The private tour will take place in a story rich city.
- Please note that once your appointment time and date have been confirmed, we have a forty-eight hour cancellation policy. Any cancellations less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, or any no-shows will be charged. Any requests to reschedule less than 48 hours prior to an appointment, cannot be guaranteed and the original appointment will be charged for other than in exceptional circumstances.