When I began my writing career, I sold my house. I lived the life of a monk and a traveler. A monk because I deprived myself of many earthly pleasures while pursuing my business. A traveler because i would explore further, i would not give up, no matter how hard it got. I did everything myself, because I couldn’t afford to pay anyone. It was a tremendous learning experience. The lack of money made me inspired enough to do the legwork necessary to make it. I paid my dues and it paid off.
The lesson I learned is that lack of money makes you hungry and a lack of resources makes you more creative. I invited many interesting people i was curious about and wanted to work with. I wrote ten pages a day. And it paid off. The point is you have to believe in yourself. Hang in there and things will turn around. Stay positive and work hard. Have a goal and hang on to it, knowing that you will come out the other side stronger and better for the struggle. You’re making an investment in yourself and your future.
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Hero’s Journey in Paris: Create Your Own Legend.
Create Your Own Legend Outline
- What’s Right About Being Right-Brained?
- You Are the Storyteller of Your Own Life
- What is Your Quest?
- It’s Not Just a Job, It is a Hero’s Journey
- Selling Your Story
- Self Made
- Your Travel Companions
- Be Your Own Boss
- Right Brainers in Business
- The Lean Years
- Business Plans
- Help! I Need Somebody
- The Cheering Section
- Networking is a Two Way Street
- Mentors: Been There, Done That
- Role Models
- Tell Your Story
- The Seven (Bad) Stories of Highly Ineffective Heroes
- The Power of Your Story
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences
IS THE HERO’S JOURNEY FOR YOU?
- You are a creative professional who is interested in developing yourself and your creative business.
- You are aware that there are no quick fixes. Learning is a journey that works when you are fully committed to it. A guide like Peter de Kuster can bring awareness and help you navigate, but in the end it’s you who is in charge of your growth.
- You want to learn more about how to tell yourself a more powerful story, learn about blind spots, and get feedback.
- You are curious and want to engage in an interactive learning journey with Peter de Kuster.
- You are motivated to work in-between journeys on yourself (e.g. working on questions that will help you develop new storytelling, mindsets, skills, and behaviors).
WHAT’S YOUR QUEST-ION?
The Hero’s Journey is all about your development. To make the most out of your journey with Peter, we ask you to prepare topics to work on with him. These topics can serve as a starting point for further in-depth exploration.
Three Day Journey in Paris for EUR 2,950 (excl. VAT)
BOOK THE HERO’S JOURNEY
Who can sign up for The Hero’s Journey?
Creative professionals who wish to improve their storytelling, mindset(s) and develop their leadership skills.
What language do we speak in the journey?
Can I bring my own topics?
Yes, you get to choose your own topic.
Are journeys confidential?
Yes. Peter will not share anything that is discussed in the journey.
Where will the journeys take place?
Sessions will take place travelling with Peter a world city like Paris, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Amsterdam, London, Antwerp, Venice, New York, Berlin, Madrid.
How do I sign up?
Send Peter an email to email@example.com
How do I pay?
After you booked The Hero’s Journey by sending an email to Peter you will receive an email with info how to pay.
How do I book and reschedule a journey?
Once we’ve received your payment, our Program Coordinator will book your journey. She will also support you with rescheduling journeys if needed.
What is your cancellation policy?
Individual journeys can be postponed up to one week before the journey.