What is ‘Your Story about Failure?
What is Your Story about Failure is a one-on-one online conversation with Peter de Kuster. It is one of 12 virtual conversations around our core themes: Entrepreneurship, Passion, Self Promotion, Money, Time, Self, Innovation and Creativity. Further information on how to connect with Peter will be send when you mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why should I attend?
The modern world places immense pressure on us to succeed, leading us to tell ourselves that we have to constantly strive, overcome huge obstacles and win in all areas of our lives. The unrealistic expectations we place on ourselves seldom allow us to realise that we will – of course – fail in some areas of our lives, particularly in our careers – and that failing well is therefore a skill we need to learn above most others.
Many of us know how to prepare for success but we very rarely endeavour to confront failure as we should: with dignity, understanding, wisdom – and perhaps on occasion, a touch of humour.
What will I learn?
What is Your Story about Failure teaches you:
- How to understand the sickness of ‘perfectionism’: , where it comes from and how we might best respond to it
- Our parents: what they wanted and how we fear disappointing them
- What lies at the heart of the dread of failing, especially as it relates to a loss of status and dignity
- What it means to fail ‘well’ – accepting our limitations without becoming bitter
- The real statistics of success; and how good we are at denying them
- The Ancient Greek story of noble failure and the Zen Buddhist notion of good imperfection
- And the media’s influence on our understanding of failure and success
The format of this conversation is highly interactive and involves a combination of teaching, and reflection. Peter de Kuster aims to create a confidential space where you are welcome to contribute freely and comfortably. If you have any questions about the format of the virtual conversation please get in touch at email@example.com
- Dates: Any Time You Want
- Time: One Hour
- Form: Online conversation with Peter de Kuster
- Price: Euro 195
Book your virtual conversation by sending Peter an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Hero’s Journey & Heroine’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.