Why Testdrive Your Dreamjob?
- To ‘test-drive’ your dream profession before committing;
- To find a mentor;
- To learn the ‘ins and outs’of the profession;
- To make contacts in the industry;
- To boost your confidence;
- To explore a passion;
- To satisfy your curiosity about ‘the road not taken’;
- To test possible professions when you don’t know what is next;
- To experience an unusual, invigorating vacation;
- To try something new and challenge yourself in new ways;
- To gain perspective on your current job, lifestyle, and future;
- To reconnect with a dormant part of yourself.
I know from my own experience with creating my dream profession that what I needed more than anything was somebody who told me that:
& Going after my dream profession did not require the daredevil leap that I thought it did.
& What it did require was a series of small, incremental steps.
& Those steps could be fun rather than scary.
The idea of starting a new profession and leaving an existing job or business – with a real paycheck and real benefits – behind is pretty scary no matter how you tell the story, and imagining even the most exciting dream business does not do much to mitigate that fear for most of us. The only way to do that is to address those fears head – on. So let us do that right now – because the sooner you get mobilized, step by incremental step, the sooner you will make that dreamjob real.