Learn the foundational skills and mindsets of business storytelling
Develop a common language and understanding of business storytelling across your organization. This flexible, online experience introduces non-storytellers to the concepts of the storytelling process and offers business storytellers (in design, innovation, creativity, advertising, marketing, communication, PR) a tried-and-tested approach to creative problem solving. Through case studies with Peter de Kuster and five quick activities, you’ll walk away with a knowledge of how business storytelling works and how to apply these tools and processes to your own work. It’s the first step in unlocking your creative potential.
Introduction Learn business storytelling, a process for creative problem solving.In this class, we focus on four main phases of business storytelling: gather inspiration, generate ideas, make ideas tangible, and share the story.
- Getting started: Why business storytelling matters today.
- Activity: Select the problem you’ll work on during the class.
Gather Inspiration Inspire new thinking by discovering the stories people tell on what what they really need.
- Case Study: Grow your business through asking for your Clients Story
- Learn: Six Tips for making connections with stories from Peter de Kuster
- Activity: Observe Stories from Movies, Literature and Art to Spark New Ways of Thinking
Generate Ideas Push past the obvious to get to breakthrough solutions.
- Case Study: Stretching Past the Obvious
- Learn: Practice divergent thinking by bringing odd or unexpected stories together to spark fresh ideas.
- Activity: The Best Story Wins!
Make Ideas Tangible Build rough prototypes to learn how to make ideas better.
- Case Study: Testdrive your Dreamjob
- Learn: Storyboarding with Peter de Kuster
- Activity: Storyboarding to Think
Share the Story Craft a human story to inspire others toward action.
- Case Study: Inspiring Story for the Future of Bookstores & Libraries
- Learn: 4 Tips for Story Impact from Peter de Kuster
- Activity: Share your idea in a story.
Why Take Hello Storytelling!
Over the course of the virtual journey, you’ll tackle a problem by moving from a seed of an idea to building something tangible that you can share with others. Learn a process you can use to grow your creative skills and solve complex challenges. You’ll gain a toolkit to help you bring the methods and mindsets of business storytelling into your workplace.
This Virtual Journey Will Help You
- Establish a common language and process for creative problem solving.
- Apply the methods and mindsets of business storytelling to your work.
- Practice the skills of business storytelling through hands-on activities.
- Learn a methodology for creative problem solving that you can use again and again.
- Increase your confidence in your creative abilities.
- Start Date: at any date
- Time: Three weeks, 1 hour each week
- Form: Online conversation with Peter de Kuster
- Price: Euro 299
Book your virtual journey by sending Peter an email to email@example.com
The format of this conversation is highly interactive and involves a combination of teaching, and reflection. Peter de Kuster aims to create a confidential space where you are welcome to contribute freely and comfortably. If you have any questions about the format of the virtual conversation please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Peter de Kuster
Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey & Hero’s Journey project, a storytelling firm which helps creative professionals to create careers and lives based on whatever story is most integral to their lives and careers (values, traits, skills and experiences). Peter’s approach combines in-depth storytelling and marketing expertise, and for over 20 years clients have found it effective with a wide range of creative business issues.
Peter is writer of the series The Heroine’s Journey and Hero’s Journey books, he has an MBA in Marketing, MBA in Financial Economics and graduated at university in Sociology and Communication Sciences.