Your research at this stage does not need to be exhaustive. You’ll be doing more research with your mentor and even more after your testdrive. Right now you just want to get a basis education in your prospective field. Here are some things you’ll want to know:
- What is the typical lifestyle of people in this field?
- Are there opportunities where I currently live or would I have to move?
- What kind of money do people tend to make in this field – initially and after several years?
- What kind of investment is necessary to get into the field?
- What kind of education or training do people need to succeed in this field? Are there exceptions?
- What are the current trends in the profession? Is it expanding? Shrinking? Saturated?
- Where are the new opportunities in the profession
- What are the biggest challenges facing people in this profession?
- What is the success rate of people in this profession to make money doing what they love?
This is just a starter batch of questions; you’ll think of many more as you do your research. Later, when you work with a mentor you’ll get a chance to ask much more personal questions: “What has your experience been? How do you think this applies to me? After your testdrive you’ll focus on how to move into your dream career. But this is your chance to sit back and just immerse yourself in your dream. There is nothing you have to do right now except have fun learning.
Your Travel Guide
Story teller Peter de Kuster is the founder of The Heroine’s Journey en The Hero’s Journey and an accomplished speaker worldwide. His books and stories about the Hero’s Journey – making money doing what you love – have reached millions of creative professionals worldwide in the last decennium.
Read on for a detailed breakdown of The Hero’s Journey in Paris – Testdrive Your Dreamjob
What Can I Expect?
Here’s an outline of The Hero’s Journey in Paris – Testdrive Your Dreamjob.
- In the Footsteps of Midnight in Paris
- Just Do It
- The Search for Mentors
- Questions to Ask
- Telling Your Story
- Finding the Right Mentor
- A Mentor Of Your Own
- Doing the Testdrive
- Questions for the Mentor
- Choose a Cheer Leader
- Should You Hire a Coach?
- Listening with Your Heart
- Evaluating the Testdrive
- Not Your Dreamjob After All?